Sway with the music as you read through these La La Land quotes that will make you experience the wonders of love.
La La Land is a romantic musical movie that captured the audience’s hearts. With its glowing colors, spellbinding music, and a bittersweet love affair, you can’t help but fall in love with it.
The movie follows the love story of two artists struggling to reach their dreams in a classic Hollywood version of Los Angeles.
Though it’s a work of fiction, the story and the experiences they go through feel so natural and genuine. If you’ve watched the movie before, we sure you know what we’re talking about!
But, aside from delivering a beautifully crafted tale of love, this movie also shares remarkable insights on life and dreams that you’ll surely relate to. If you’re a fan or just curious about it, then this collection is perfect for you.
Begin reading here.
And don’t forget to check out these Grease quotes and Mamma Mia quotes.
Best La La Land Quotes
1. “And here’s to the fools who dream. Crazy as they may seem. Here’s to the hearts that break. Here’s to the mess we make.” – Mia
2. “Someone in the crowd could be the one you need to know.” – Mia
3. “I’m letting life hit me until it gets tired. Then I’ll hit back. It’s a classic rope-a-dope.” – Sebastian
4. “People love what other people are passionate about.” – Mia
5. “They worship everything and they value nothing.” – Sebastian
6. “We stumbled on a view that’s tailor-made for two.” – Sebastian
Famous La La Land Quotes
7. “A little chance encounter could be the one you’ve waited for.” – Mia
8. “Look in somebody’s eyes to light up the skies.” – Mia and Sebastian
9. “It’s conflict and it’s compromise, and it’s just—it’s new every time. It’s brand new every night. It’s very, very exciting!” – Sebastian
10. “You said yourself, no one wants to go to that club. No one wants to go to a club called ‘Chicken on a Stick.’” – Sebastian
11. “Here’s to the rebels, the ripples from pebbles, the painters and poets, and plays.” – Mia
12. “How are you gonna be a revolutionary if you’re such a traditionalist? You hold onto the past, but jazz is about the future.” – Kieth
13. “Is this the start of something wonderful and new? Or one more dream that I cannot make true?” – Sebastian
14. “I want to let you know you’re looking at a new man. A man who’s happy to be here.” – Sebastian
15. “City of stars. Are you shining just for me? City of stars. There’s so much that I can’t see.” – Sebastian
16. Sebastian: “You could just write your own rules. You know, write something that’s as interesting as you are. Look at Louis Armstrong. He could have just played the marching band charts that he was given but what did he do?”
Mia: “What did he do?”
Sebastian: “Well, he made history, didn’t he?”
Mia: “Well, I’m going to stop auditioning and I’m going to make history instead.”
Sebastian: “Well, my work is done here. And maybe move to famous instead?”
Also read: Labyrinth Quotes, The Greatest Showman Quotes
La La Land Quotes to Make You Reflect
17. “A bit of madness is key to give us new colors to see. Who knows where it will lead us?” – Mia
18. “Jazz was born in a little flophouse in New Orleans, and it just because people were crammed in there, they spoke five different languages, they couldn’t talk to each other. The only way they could communicate was with jazz.” – Sebastian
19. “Of course, I wanted you to have a steady job so that you could take care of yourself and your life and you could start your club.” – Mia
20. “I mean, you don’t live long, but you get where you’re going quicker, so it all evens out.” – Sebastian
Also read: Glee Quotes, The Wizard of Oz Quotes
Romantic La La Land Quotes That’ll Make You Fall in Love
21. Mia: “I’m always gonna love you.”
Sebastian: “I’m always gonna love you, too.”
22. Sebastian: “Well, no one likes jazz, not even you!”
Mia: “I do like jazz now because of you!”
23. “I don’t know what you came to do, but I wanna do it with you.” – Kieth
24. Mia: “It’s pretty strange that we keep running into each other.”
Sebastian: “Maybe it means something.”
Also read: West Side Story Quotes
La La Land Quotes to Move You
25. “Somewhere, there’s a place where I find who I’m gonna be. Somewhere, that’s just waiting to be found.” – Mia
26. “I thought in this town it worked on a sort of ‘one for you, one for me’ basis type system. How about two for you, one for me?” – Sebastian
27. “’Cause I left to do that, and it’s been six years, and I don’t wanna do it anymore.” – Mia
28. “Guys like me go their whole lives and never do anything that’s liked. I’m finally doing something that people enjoy. What is wrong with that?” – Sebastian
29. “I thought you wanted me to do this, it just sounds like now you don’t want me to do it.” – Sebastian
30. “Maybe I’m one of those people that has always wanted to do it, but it’s like a pipe dream for me, you know?” – Mia
31. “If you want me to be quiet, then you have to make sense.” – Sebastian
32. “Unpaid bills are not romantic.” – Laura
33. “I had a very serious plan for my future.” – Sebastian
34. “Okay, I was an asshole. I can admit that.” – Sebastian
Emotional La La Land Quotes That’ll Pinch Your Heart
35. Mia: “No, I’m going ‘home’ home.”
Sebastian: “This is home.”
Mia: “No, it’s not anymore.”
36. “Maybe I’m not good enough!” – Mia
37. Sebastian: “Why don’t you want to do it anymore?”
Mia: “’Cause I think it hurts a little bit too much.”
38. “All of this. I’m done embarrassing myself. I’m done. I’m done. Nobody showed up.” – Mia
La La Land Quotes to Help You Revisit Your Favorite Scenes
39. “Alright, I remember you. And I’ll admit I was a little curt that night.” – Sebastian
40. “I should probably tell you something now, just to get it out of the way.” – Mia
41. “I don’t know! It doesn’t matter. Okay? Because you’re living like a hermit. You’re driving without insurance!” – Laura
42. “My Lord, did you just say ‘a serious musician?’” – Mia
43. “I guess I’ll see you in the movies.” – Sebastian
44. Mia: “Should have been a lawyer.”
Sebastian: “‘Cause the world needs more lawyers?”
45. “Oh, if we keep on dancing. Take our rhythm to new heights. Feel the heat of passion, baby. Light up the night.” – Kieth
46. “You’re a barista? I can see how you can look down on me from all the way up there.” – Sebastian
Hilarious La La Land Quotes for a Day Full of Laughter
47. Sebastian: “I’m gonna change the locks.”
Laura: “You can’t afford it.”
Sebastian: “I’m a phoenix rising from the ashes.”
48. Mia: “You’re—you’re a real, um—what’s the word I’m looking for?”
Sebastian: “Knight in shining armor?”
49. Laura: “I got you a throw rug.”
Sebastian: “I don’t need that.”
Laura: “What if I said Miles Davis pissed on it?”
Sebastian: “It’s almost insulting. Is it true?”
50. Tracy: “Whoa! Holy shit! You wanna open a window?”
Mia: “I was trying to give you an entrance.”
Did These Quotes Give You the Push You Need to Start Pursuing Your Dreams?
La La Land is a classic love story that teaches us the importance of passion and perseverance in reaching our ambitions. In the movie, Mia and Sebastian experience many failures and struggles. At first glance, you may think that it’s easier if they just gave up.
Yet, with the power and strength love gives, they powered through. They used these difficulties as a stepping stone to keep learning and continue their journey to chase their dreams.
And, if you ever wondered how important support is, then this movie was able to perfectly encapsulate that, too! It’s fantastic plot highlighted how encouragement from our loved ones boosts our courage and confidence. After all, if you’re surrounded by people who will stand by you through thick and thin, then you’ll feel incredibly invincible.
La La Land reminds us that the road to success is paved with failures. But, remember that with hard work, perseverance, and most of all, love, it is not impossible to carry out our dreams.
Did these quotes make you fall in love? Which quotes motivated you to aim high? Please, share your thoughts with us.