Check out the collection of the best insightful conflict quotes that will help you overcome differences and find a common ground. They offer a wealth of knowledge and direction on how to handle disputes in both our personal and professional lives.
Conflict quotes can encourage us to be more empathetic, understanding, and cooperative in settling disputes and identifying options that are advantageous to all parties.
Also See: Disagreement Quotes
Human connections will inevitably and naturally experience conflict. And differences in attitudes, values, beliefs, interests, and needs may be the cause.
Thus, personal relationships, the workplace, and society at large can all experience disagreements.
Also Check: Relationship Argument Quotes
So, everything things considered, disagreement can be a chance for you to build better connections, understanding, and problem-solving abilities.
Top 10 Conflict Quotes
- “Conflict is inevitable but combat is optional.” – Max Lucado
- “Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.” – Donatella Versace
- “Conflict is the beginning of consciousness.” – M. Esther Harding
- “Conflict cannot survive without your participation.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” – Thomas Paine
- “An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The greatest conflicts are not between two people but between one person and himself.” – Garth Brooks
- “God’s love is too great to be confined to any one side of a conflict or to any one religion.” – Desmond Tutu
- “If we manage conflict constructively, we harness its energy for creativity and development.” – Kenneth Kaye
- “The quality of our lives depends not on whether or not we have conflicts, but on how we respond to them.” –Thomas Crum
Best Quotes About Conflict
While conflict can be challenging and uncomfortable, it can also be an opportunity for growth, learning, and transformation.
- “We cannot avoid conflict but how we resolve it is in our control.” – Unknown
- “You can’t comfort the afflicted without afflicting the comfortable.” – Princess Diana
- “Because of our differences in culture and beliefs, conflicts become inevitable.” – John Ward
- “Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
- “Peace is not the absence of conflict; it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Life feels more vivid in a conflict zone. It is clear what matters, and who you can count on, for what.” – Alan Huffman
- “Conflict is very much a state of mind. If you’re not in that state of mind, it doesn’t bother you.” – Yotam Ottolenghi
- “Respectful communication under conflict or opposition is an essential and truly awe-inspiring ability.” – Bryant McGill
- “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.” – William Ellery Channing
- “Be leery of silence. It doesn’t mean you won the argument. Often, people are just busy reloading their guns.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “In any conflict, be sure you know what you really want …and whether what you are doing is actually helping you get there.” – Unknown
- “It takes two to keep the marriage vow. It takes two to have an agreement. It takes two to resolve conflict. Bottom line? Both of you need to want to work it out.” – Tabitha M.
- “In a conflict, being willing to change allows you to move from a point of view to a viewing point—a higher, more expansive place, from which you can see both sides.” – Thomas Crum
- “Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.” – William James
- “At the heart of every story is conflict – whether external or internal, make it a good one, and remember that this problem is going to shape your character, leaving her forever changed.” – Jennifer McMahon
Famous Conflict Quotes
Avoiding conflicts can be a useful strategy when the issue at hand is minor or when the potential consequences of a conflict outweigh the benefits of addressing the issue.
Also See: Compromise Quotes
Conflict quotes offer insight into the nature of conflict and provide inspiration for how to navigate difficult situations.
- “The most constructive way of resolving conflicts is to avoid them.” – Felix Frankfurter
- “It is more rewarding to resolve a conflict than to dissolve a relationship.” – Josh McDowell
- “If you avoid conflict to keep the peace, you start a war inside yourself.” – Cheryl Richardson
- “Peace is better than war, because resolution to the conflict can occur without the loss of lives and resources.” – Unknown
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
- “Great art is the expression of a solution of the conflict between the demands of the world without and that within.” – Edith Hamilton
- “Happiness is a byproduct of function, purpose, and conflict; those who seek happiness for itself seek victory without war.” – William S. Burroughs
- “People have varying views, opinions, and feelings about certain things. These differences are bound to create conflicts and misunderstandings.” – John Ward
- “I don’t think anyone ever gets completely used to conflict. If it’s not a little uncomfortable, then it’s not real. The key is to keep doing it anyway.” – Patrick Lencioni
- “Conformity is painful. You know, it’s too tight. Conformity leads to rebellion. So a desire for happiness is in direct conflict with a desire for freedom.” – Thomas Jane
- “The best fiction is geared towards conflict. We learn most about our characters through tension when they are put up against insurmountable obstacles. This is true in real life.” – Sufjan Stevens
Conflict Resolution Quotes
Conflict quotations offer insight into the nature of conflict and provide inspiration for how to navigate difficult situations.
Also Check: Reconciliation Quotes
They can help us understand the root causes of conflict and offer guidance on how to resolve disagreements in a constructive way.
- “To be on the same page, we need to be in the same book.” – Rahul Guhathakurta
- “A life without any type of conflict is a life lived in solitude.” – Victoria L. Adenson
- “Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.” – Albert Einstein
- “Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.” – Winston Churchill
- “10% of conflict is due to difference in opinion and 90% is due to delivery & tone of voice.” – Unknown
- “Conflict is good in a negotiation process… it’s the clash of two ideas, which then, all being well, produces a third idea.” – Luke Roberts
- “To practice the process of conflict resolution, we must completely abandon the goal of getting people to do what we want.” – Marshall B. Rosenberg
- “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect. couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
- “Bringing a problem to resolution and closure through continued discussion and compromise is an honorable act as it shows respect for the needs of both partners.” – Lynne Namka
- “Instead of suppressing conflicts, specific channels could be created to make this conflict explicit, and specific methods could be set up by which the conflict is resolved.” – Albert Low
- “Nagasaki and Hiroshima remind us to put peace first every day; to work on conflict prevention and resolution, reconciliation, and dialogue; and to tackle the roots of conflict and violence.” – Antonio Guterres
- “Do not think of knocking out another person’s brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago.” – Horace Mann
- “There’s no story if there isn’t some conflict.” – Wes Anderson
- “Conflict can and should be handled constructively; when it is, relationships benefit. Conflict avoidance is *not* the hallmark of a good relationship. On the contrary, it is a symptom of serious problems and of poor communication.” – Harriet B. Braiker
- “When you have a conflict, that means that there are truths that have to be addressed on each side of the conflict.” – Dolores Huerta
Friendship Conflict Quotes
Disagreements, arguments, and fights are common in relationships. These conflict quotes highlight the need for compromise and negotiation.
Also See: Family Problem Quotes
They suggest that finding common ground and working towards a shared goal can often be the best way to resolve conflicts.
- “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” – Albert Einstein
- “Only in love are unity and duality not in conflict.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “I reject any religious doctrine that does not appeal to reason and is in conflict with morality.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.” – Vernon Howard
- “I am in politics because of the conflict between good and evil, and I believe that in the end good will triumph.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “As long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be down there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar as you otherwise might.” – Marian Anderson
- “Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won’t come in.” – Alan Alda
- “What people often mean by getting rid of conflict is getting rid of diversity, and it is of the utmost importance that these should not be considered the same.” – Mary Parker Follett
- “The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.” – M. Scott Peck
- “Conflict forces us to be fully present because it shatters our ego—stripping away all hope of escape or sugar coating. It removes everything that is nonessential to our authentic being; it removes all superficial layers. Conflict is painful because it wakes us up out of our created illusions. And if we lean into it, conflict can be the catalyst to our enlightenment.” – Alison Hutchinson
Overall, conflict quotes remind us that while conflict can be challenging, it can also be an opportunity for growth and learning.
There are many different ways that conflict can manifest, including family problems, verbal disputes, rivalry, and physical violence.
Resolving conflicts requires flexibility, adjustments, compromise, and a willingness to listen and work toward a mutually beneficial solution.
So by approaching conflicts with a spirit of openness and a willingness to listen and learn, you can overcome differences and create positive change.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, and more to motivate them every morning.