Sarah-Jane Wilson has accused Elle Ferguson of blocking her on Instagram following her departure from The Block.
Influencers Elle and her fiancé Joel Patfull sensationally quit The Block’s Tree Change season after just 48 of filming earlier this year.
Sarah has now claimed Elle recently blocked her on social media, while discussing the scandal during an appearance on Channel Nine’s Weekend Today on Sunday.
The Block’s Sarah-Jane Wilson (pictured) has claimed co-star Elle Ferguson BLOCKED her on Instagram after quitting the show with fiancé Joel
Today host Belinda Russell asked: ‘You’ve had no contact with (Elle and Joel) since they left?’
‘No, I got blocked. She blocked me on Instagram,’ Sarah-Jane responded.
‘I went to show someone her page the other day, because they were like, “Who is this person?”‘
‘And then I was like, “Oh my god, I’ve made it, I’ve made it in the world, a celebrity has blocked me”.’
‘I got blocked. She blocked me on Instagram,’ Sarah-Jane said during an interview on Weekend Today. Pictured Elle
It comes after Elle and her footy star fiancé Joel made headlines for pulling out of The Block just 48 hours into filming.
Joel’s mother reportedly broke her coccyx and fractured her wrist.
Following their exit, Elle, 36, shared a photo to Instagram of the pair’s suitcases at Melbourne Airport, and captioned it: ‘Wherever you are in the world, whatever you are doing, family always comes first.’
A Channel Nine spokesperson confirmed their departure to Daily Mail Australia, saying: ‘Over the weekend, we were surprised to have one of our new contestant teams depart The Block a few days into filming for the upcoming season.
‘We wish them all the best for the future and we’re excited to cast two new Aussies for the opportunity of a lifetime on The Block. The Block Tree Change will air as scheduled later this year.’
It comes after Elle and her footy star fiancé Joel (pictured) made headlines for pulling out of The Block just 48 hours into filming
Host Scott Cam has since accused the pair of fleeing The Block in the middle of the night and giving no explanation for their departure.
He rubbished their excuse, telling News.com.au that while Joel’s mother did injure herself before filming began, this wasn’t the excuse the couple gave for throwing in the towel.
In fact, he claims, they didn’t give any excuse at all.
‘They didn’t give us a reason why they were leaving. They never mentioned anything to us about visiting their sick mother,’ the long-time host said on Tuesday.
‘We flew them to Adelaide before The Block started for a week, and put them up in a hotel so they could see [Joel’s mother], and they came back and said everything’s fine,’ he added.
‘They never spoke to us [about quitting]; they just left in the middle of the night.’
The couple made the difficult decision to leave after Joel’s mother Trish fractured her neck during a fall at her home in Adelaide
Scott went on to claim the couple ‘never mentioned’ Joel’s ailing mother ‘in the 48 hours before they left, or after they left’.
Speaking to TV Week, Scott also insisted The Block would have been prepared to temporarily shut down production to accommodate the couple’s visit to see Joel’s mother, if they had been made aware of the situation.
‘Of course, family comes first on The Block – we’ve stopped production before when people have had family emergencies,’ he said.
‘And of course, I wasn’t referring to somebody going to visit their sick mother… It was because they’d given us no reason.’
Host Scott Cam has since accused the pair of fleeing The Block in the middle of the night and giving no explanation for their departure
Originally posted 2022-08-14 05:20:50.