Out of all the shutter options available out there, roller shutters have become most popular over the last few years. They not only provide security to your property, but they also increase the aesthetic value of your space and keep your property protected from harsh weather conditions. While residential shutters are more focused on insulation and security, industrial ones are aimed at enhancing ambience and security. A number of add-ons can also be included to make usage and maintenance easier. If you are still confused about which roller shutter will be suitable for your property, then we will tell you about.
Different Types of Roller Shutters Melbourne you can find.
Based on Operation
- Push/Pull shutters: These shutters are opened or closed by applying manual push or pull. When the opening area is less than 10m2, then these types of roller shutters Melbourne would be ideal for your work space. In other words, these are simple roller shutters that are manually operated by a human.
- Automatic shutters: These are power-driven shutters that are fitted with gear box and an electric motor. They can be made up of M.S., aluminium or polycarbonate, and facilitate hassle-free operation for ease of operation. These are often installed in commercial establishments like showrooms and residential blocks as garage doors. Most of them can also be operated manually in case of a power failure. They are durable and easy to maintain, and are often installed when opening area is more than 10m2.
- Mechanical gear type shutters: These roller shutters Melbourne are operated with a connecting rod, winding handle, chain of pulley blocks, and reduction gear. These are often installed in places with opening area more than 10m2, and they are very easy to maintain and durable.
Based on Material
- Aluminium shutters: These roller shutters Melbourne are made with superior quality aluminium with extruded aluminium sections. They can have single or double wall with or without insulation. These are light in weight, resistant to corrosion, and add a good look to your property. They are strong and durable, they produce almost no noise when operated, they require minimal maintenance, and they enhance privacy.
- M.S. shutters: These shutters are made from high quality steel roads that operate the same way as a roller shutter. It may or may not have panels or grills to provide ventilation or visibility. They are easy to install, resistant to weather and rust, and are durable. They prove to be cost-effective while providing security to your property without compromising on the looks. They have special anti-drop devices and electromagnetic brakes to avoid free fall of the shutter. They are also strong enough to provide protection against storms and burglars.
- Polycarbonate shutters: If you want transparent view of the inside and outside even when the shutters are lowered, then go for polycarbonate roller shutters Melbourne that create transparency throughout the area. They are light in weight, they provide security, and they are transparent to provide visibility both from inside or outside. The only drawback is that they are relatively expensive than other options. There is a variety of safety and operational accessories that can be added to these shutters for ease of operation and enhanced safety.
- Galvanized steel shutters: Shutters made of galvanized steel are free from rust and have a long life. They are cost-effective and provide sufficient protection.
- Stainless steel shutters: Roller shutters Melbourne made of stainless steel have high resistance level to oxidation, and are extremely reliable and long lasting.
Now that you know the different types of roller shutters Melbourne, choose the one according to your requirements and preferences, and get the intended benefits for sure.
Originally posted 2022-05-19 10:46:19.